- 12 squares NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 12 NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER® or CRUNCH® Jingles, unwrapped
- 12 pretzel checkerboard snaps or mini pretzels for hat base
- 2/3 cup prepared white frosting
- 24 large marshmallows, divided
- 12 pretzel sticks for arms, broken in half
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels for eyes and buttons (a heaping teaspoon needed)
- 12 small orange candies or orange decorating gel for nose
- Thin-string licorice, various colors, cut into twelve, 7-inch pieces for scarves
TO MAKE HATS, ADHERE Jingles to pretzel snaps with frosting. Set aside.
TO MAKE SNOWMEN, INSERT 2 pretzel sticks into each side of 12 marshmallows to create arms on base of snowman. Spread a heaping teaspoon of frosting onto center of each cookie; top with snowman base. Press down lightly. Spread additional frosting on top of each snowman base. Top with remaining 12 marshmallows. Dip orange candies and mini morsels into frosting and add noses, eyes and buttons to snowmen. For scarf, tie each piece of licorice loosely around neck of snowman using frosting as glue, if necessary. Let both hats and snowmen bases stand for 20 minutes to set frosting and make snowmen stable.
PRIOR TO SERVING, adhere hats to snowman head with frosting. If snowmen need to set up more, lean them against a glass or can to set.
And the best is that the kids could do it all by themselves, and that they had a blast doing it. Our neighbor friend said, “I like coming over here. You guys always have so much fun. I love making these.” Of course we let her take home the snowmen that she made. She was very proud of her snowmen and shared them with her family for dessert.
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1/3 cup ready-to-use white frosting
- 20 (5 1/4-inch) WONKA SweeTart Candy Canes
- NESTLÉ and WONKA assorted Holiday Candy
- Edible white glitter (optional)
PLACE whole bar of dough on prepared baking sheet. Allow to soften for 5 to 10 minutes. Using fingertips, pat dough gently to form an 11 x 8-inch rectangle.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Gently slide cookie onto cutting board. Trim edges of rectangle as needed.
CUT cookie into 4 x 2-inch rectangles, or to about the length of the candy canes you will be using. (Cut in half lengthwise and you should have 2 long rectangles that are 4 inches wide. Cut each long rectangle into 5 pieces. This should give you ten 4 x 2-inch rectangles.) Use about 1 teaspoon frosting on backside of cookies to attach candy canes (1 teaspoon per candy cane should do). Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Once set, turn the sled over so the candy canes are on the bottom.
SPRINKLE sled with glitter (to look like snow), if desired. Fill sled with candies.