I love reading, and I love technology! I was a middle school technology teacher at one point during my teaching career. I know how important technology can be as a tool in learning. Here is what I love about using technology to help teach reading:
1. Kids love technology too! They will be interested!
2. There are some great games to help kids learn to read and hear sounds. Here are my favorite sites!
3. There are some great gadgets on the market to aid in reading instruction (i.e. LeapFrog products)
4. There are many online materials that can be printed out as hard copies for teachers and parents to use.
5. Online reading (audio books), like on this site: Children’s Storybooks Online
Here is a great article I found about research relating to technology in education! Check it out if you have time!! Also, don’t forget tomorrow is “Wordless Wednesday: Book Hunt Day!” A prize will be awarded to the lucky winner!