I Love My Kids More Than Anything……
I know there are WAY more than 20 things I love about being a mom to my kids, but I wanted to list just a few. I’ve been really sad lately since my youngest started kindergarten. I’ve come to the realization there are no more babies in the house, and we have reached a new dynamic in the house. I love the way they are now, but I miss the way they were a few years ago as well. I know I will be missing this age they are at now in five years when I look and see time is flying by too fast again. At least one good thing about feeling this way is that I am trying to “take time and smell the roses” now with being a mom. I listen to their adorable voices and watch them with love and adoration as they talk and play. They are wonderful miracles in my life.
20 Things I Love About Being A Mom (and never want to forget):
1. I love the way at ages 5 and 8 they look at me and tell me how much they love me.
2. I love the way they are curious about everything and ask so many questions.
3. I love their voices (so sweet and innocent).
4. I love that they still believe in magic, Santa, and the Easter Bunny!
5. I love the way they snuggle up when we read books together.
6. I love their want for some independence, yet they want to stay close.
7. I love their little hands and feet (not as little as they used to be, but little none the less).
8. I love watching them play together and be so creative!
9. I love watching them use a more extensive vocabulary (they still amaze me at what they learn daily).
10. I love the way my 8 year old daughter protects her 5 year old brother.
11. I love how they like to dress themselves (and I let them wear what they want ~ within limits).
12. I love that they LOVE their family (extended family and all).
13. I love that they don’t care about money or lavish things; they are happy with the simple things in life.
14. I love that they love their friends and have kind hearts.
15. I love that they like to travel and see new places.
16. I love that they don’t have the burden of knowing that “really bad things” happen in the world.
17. I love that they have few fears.
18. I love that they love nature.
19. I love that they love adventure.
20. I love ABSOLUTELY everything about my two little ones!
What’s Something YOU Love About Your Kids?