Visiting the Natural History Museum in DC
Sometimes I forget how much kids love to learn by just visiting a museum and having fun! We went to the Natural History Museum in Washington, DC on the way home from VA to RI today. It was actually super easy to get into the city, park, and go to the museum. If you go at the “right time” in DC things are not bad at all.
It was fun to see this museum again. As I am from the DC area originally, I remember visiting here when I was a kid. It was nice to show my kids something familiar. Here were the highlights for my kids:
1. The Insect Zoo (they loved watching the bees make honey and seeing all the bugs).
2. The Hope Diamond and Gem Museum (my daughter just stared at the diamond in amazement – she didn’t want to leave).
3. The Mammals Section (this was new for me and very cool with animals from ALL over the world).
4. The Dinosaur Bones (my son loved seeing how BIG the dinosaurs were)!
5. It was also cool for me that in DC you get into museums for FREE!
My kids LEARNED so much! They could have spent the entire day there! Remember to visit museums around you! Kids learn and LOVE it! Even if you think the information may be over-their-heads, they take in so much information! It’s unbelievable! And don’t be afraid of the DC area! I did it by myself with the kids! You can too!!!
We are going to the Air & Space and American History Museum next time we visit DC (which I’m sure will be soon)!
What is YOUR favorite museum to visit?