Prior to my work as a freelance writer and journalist, I was an educator and an Usborne Book consultant. In fact, if I could get people to book some more shows I would be happy to order some more books and get some more books for my kids. Usborne Books are wonderful educational books for kids! “See Inside Your Body,” was always a top seller, and it is one of my kids’ favorite books. It’s a lift-the-flap book where you can see inside different parts of the body and see how the parts work. My daughter started to enjoy this book at age three, even though it is geared more towards ages 6-12. She used to read it every night, and once while going to the grocery store she saw a man outside smoking a cigarette and yelled, “Mom, Look! That man has a black lung.” It was a bit embarrassing, but she was learning. There is a new version that just came out this year for younger kids with easier text and simpler concepts; it’s called “Look Inside Your Body.”
1. Easy to read and vivid illustrations
2. Nice, durable hard pages (16 pages)
4. Reinforced flaps to keep the book nice looking longer
If you would like to purchase this book, just look on the right sidebar under “Kids’ Book Reviews” and you can purchase it through Amazon. The book is normally $13.99, but right now it is on sale at Amazon for $11.19 (20% off). This is a great deal because Usborne books are not usually on sale (also many Usborne books can only be bought through a consultant, as stores do not have rights to the books).
* THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE BOOKS IN THE $50 Usborne Book Giveaway we are doing at 100 GFC Followers!!!!
Overall, highly recommend this series! Here is the description from Usborne:
- Fabulous flap book that reveals the inner workings of the human body.
- Bright, original colour illustrations and diagrams display all the major organs of the human body and are accompanied by witty, clear and informative text.
- Contains over fifty embedded flaps that children can lift to reveal extra detail.